In India, there is a specific restriction that without obtaining the IEC No. no individuals and companies are permitted for the import/Export of Goods and services.
Documents for the application for the Importer Exporter Code (IEC), sent to the joint Director General –Foreign Trade, include:
- Application in Duplicate (Aayaat Niryaat form).
- Copy of Tax ID allotment (i.e. pan card along with a copy of the Covering letter.) The same has to be produced in original at the times of submission of application).
- Bank’s Certificate about the satisfactory account maintenance and the same should include the signatures, Name and designation of the Banker issuing the certificate and the official stamp of the bank should be affixed on to the certificate.
- 2 photo’s of the Director preferring the application has to be certified by the Banker’s along with Name and designation of the Banker verify the photograph and the official stamp of the bank should be affixed on to the application form.
- Fee of INR 1000
- Attested copy of the Memorandum & Articles of association of the Company in Duplicate.
- Authority Letter with photograph and the signatures of the person authorized to submit the application to be attested by the director authorized by the company to file an application for IEC Code No.
- Certified true copy of a board resolution Authorizing the referred person to sign the application on behalf of the company, and the signatures of the person authorized should also be there on the Board resolution along with the signatures of the person certifying the board resolution.
- List of Director’s along with a copy of passport.
- Self Addressed Envelope.
- Proof of the Address of the registered office of the company, and in the case the company has a number of units then address proof of all the units has to be also submitted at the time of filing of the application form